Lian Kwen Fee is Professor of Sociology. He has previously held positions in Victoria University of Wellington and at the National University of Singapore where he was Head of Sociology. His research background is in political and historical sociology. He is currently working on two book projects, “International Migration in the Middle East and Asia: Politics of Exclusion” and “Landscapes of Brunei”.
• Race and State
• Ethnic Identity and Citizenship
• “Tamil Migrants in Colonial Malaya 1930s – 1950s”, South Asian Diaspora (2017)
• (co-authored) “Race, Reintegration and Social Capital in Singapore”, International Journal of Comparative and Applied Criminal Justice (2016)
• (contributing editor) (2016) International Migration in Southeast Asia: Continuities and Discontinuities, Singapore: IAS and Springer.
• (contributing editor) (2016) Multiculturalism, Migration, and the Politics of Identity in Singapore, Singapore: IAS and Springer.
• (co-author) (1995) The Politics of Nation Building and Citizenship in Singapore, London: Routledge.